Ten Trial Tips from an Appellate Specialist with Tim Kowal.
Unpleasant as it is to think about, by the time an appellate attorney looks at the case after a trial, the trial attorney’s actions are in the dock. In this presentation, a certified appellate specialist will share some of the most common trap doors trial attorneys need to avoid, and get a leg up at your next trial.
This presentation will cover top tips to trial attorneys – from little-known tricks, to “I told you so’s,” to the “call your carrier” conversations.
The tips & what-not-to-do’s will cover:
- Failing to make a proffer.
- Failing to object to evidence after a MIL is denied.
- Tips and traps on MSJs, Statements of Decision, and post-trial motions.
- How to calculate appellate deadlines – and how to recognize the documents that trigger the 60-day deadline.
- How to know when a judgment is stayed on appeal – and when it isn’t.
- And the evergreen tip: Don’t forgot to get a court reporter!!!
Please note this video is not offered for MCLE credit. We are only authorized to give credit to those who attend at the time of the presentation.Published in